Since all the entries that are to compete in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö have been chosen, it is time for this year’s «expert evaluations».
Our second expert is none other than Sopo Toroshelidze, the lead singer of Eldrine, who represented Georgia in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest in Düsseldorf. They finished 9th with their amazing «One More Day». She was also one of the backing vocalists for Sophia Nizharadze in Oslo.
1. NORWAY: MARGARET BERGER – I FEED YOU MY LOVE
The Norwegian entry is a very driving and fresh song. I like it so much, and it’s my number one.
2. UKRAINE: ZLATA OGNEVICH – GRAVITY
Gravity is a nice song, but what really makes this so good is Zlata’s very strong performance.
3. DENMARK: EMMELIE DE FOREST – ONLY TEARDROPS
The Danish entry has some concept of victory, and will probably do very well. I like the Nordic elements that can be heard in it.
4. AZERBAIJAN: FARID MAMMADOV – HOLD ME
This song reminds me of some really beautiful things, and it is very melodic.
5. ITALY: MARCO MENGONI – L’ESSENZIALE
L’essenziale is a very melodic song, and it feels very emotional to me.
6. AUSTRIA: NATALIA KELLY – SHINE
This year’s Austrian entry is a really catchy song. And natalia’s singing is awesome.
7. ICELAND: EYÞÓR INGI – ÉG Á LÍF
The Icelandic entry has so much soul in it that, although I did not understand a single word, I could feel the soul and the music in it.
8. THE NETHERLANDS: ANOUK – BIRDS
I love listening to Anouk’s voice! And the song has something deep behind the words.
9. ARMENIA: DORIANS – LONELY PLANET
This is a really lovely song, and Gor Sujyan clearly sings from his heart.
10. SWEDEN: ROBIN STJERNBERG – YOU
The Swedish entry is probably the best dance performance among this year’s entries.
Pictures; artist’s facebook